Service Learning is a high school education and training experience that can
help building on the below important 21st century skills and knowledge.
- American and World History
- How Government Works
- Our Constitution
- Nonviolence as a force more powerful than violence
- Caring for the environment
- Importance of individual and government financial responsibility
- First Aid
- Preventing Drug Abuse
- Effective Oral/Written Communications
- Technology Awareness
- Career Opportunities
- Current Events
Service Learning projects include:
- Community Service
- Meetings with lawmakers locally and in Washington, DC
- Opportunity to participate in events with peace and justice
- Visiting and caring for injured soldiers
- Attending special briefings from city officials
- Leading an annual awards dinner to acknowledge the work of peacemakers
- Unifying the community with an Evening of Lights peace gathering
Frequently Asked Questions about the Leaders for Truth program, click here.
more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 530-554-7061.
Trip to DC in 2012!